Snow

Now that January is over, Winter is here again in Colorado. We are in a bit of a cold snap, yet the sun is shining brightly in the sky as the steam rises off the highways as they struggle to dry out in this 6 degree weather. Yesterday we had a few inches of snow in all of it's winter glory, it came floating down from the sky as if it were falling in time to some unheard music. I took a walk down the street to pick up the mail and take in the sights as I stepped through the powdery snow surrounding me. I think one of my favorite things about the snowfall is the silence. It's calming. Since moving to Colorado some 20 years ago, I have become a huge fan or Winter. It's not hard to like a Winter where it's sunny most every day and the temperatures get warm enough to eat outside during the day as was the case two weeks ago. Things never stay the same, weather wise, so a person can't get too bogged down with boredom. With our single digit temperatures, tonight will be a good night to knit and chat with friends by a toasty fireplace. Fireside Books, here we come.

At the park in my neighborhood today





Yesterday during the snow



Even Buddha was cold but, being Buddha, he didn't complain


0 comments:

Post a Comment