Let's Party

I have so much fun putting together a party and the holidays are no exception. This month I have three at the home. The latest one was for my small Scrabble Group. I planned a simple yet elegant meal including a small plate appetizer dish to have while we sipped on cocktails. I knew I was getting obsessive when I found myself digging through mounds of stamps to find a large snowflake one so that I could sprinkle snowflakes on the table.
 After trying out several color combinations I came up with a simple yet festive theme that I liked.There is something very magical about the days that lead up to Yule. All of the decorations and tiny lights seem to sparkle even more.
I enjoy treating my friends to a special evening where they can relax and enjoy, at least before we try to kill each other in a friendly game of Scrabble. I have the holiday edition which adds to the merriment of the season. A few days earlier, we hosted a dinner and movie night with much more casual food which called for a more casual look to the table. I left the Yule log in place and chose a plaid tablecloth to give things a more homey look. You just can't have a serious dinner when you are planning to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! It's the same setting I have planned for our Yule Eve dessert and drink party. Despite all of the work involved in putting together these small dinner parties, for me, it is what makes the holidays so much fun. I love holidays because they take us out of the ordinary days. This is also why I enjoy changing my house just enough to reflect each season of the year. It's the pagan within me that desires the connection to the earth. To be able to share those celebrations with others, whether it be just one person or a dozen, makes it all the more special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment